Time: August 16, 2018 from 6pm to 9pm
Location: CityArts Factory
Street: 29 S. Orange Ave
Website or Map: http://www.orlandoslice.com
Event Type: art, exhibit
Organized By: Kat Quast
Latest Activity: Jul 18, 2018
My Orlando - Call to Artists
Exhibition Title: My Orlando
Exhibit Dates: August 16, 2018 to September 14, 2018
Artist Opening Reception Thursday August 16, 2018, 6-9pm
Subject Matter: CityArts Factory is accepting all NEW art for the My Orlando Exhibit. The art must convey views of Orlando, from nightlife, wildlife, cityscapes, aerial views, etc. All art pieces must be New and for sale. All art must clearly fit the theme of the show. Art that does not clearly fit the theme without artist explanation will not be accepted.
Mediums Accepted: All mediums accepted including large sculptures. Drip Art will not be accepted into this show, unless included into a multi-media piece of an Orlando scene. Acrylic Swirl Art will be accepted on a limited basis. There is no size restriction.
Online Submissions: NEW FOR 2018! You can submit your finished pieces for online jury process between Wednesday July 18th and Friday August 10th. 2018. You will be notified of acceptance via email and a link for payment will be sent along with email acceptance. Your pieces will not be considered part of the show until payment is received. Once accepted, you will be able to drop off pieces during the Art Drop Off Dates of Saturday, August 11th and Monday, August 13, 2018 only. Art will not be allowed to be dropped off before these dates.
Cost: $10 non-refundable submission fee per piece. Four submissions maximum please.
1. All work must be original and new for 2018. Art shown previously in CityArts Factory in any show will not be permitted.
2. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging or display.
3. All art work must be for sale.
4. It is recommended but not required that the artist attend the Third Thursday opening and block party
5. All sales will be reconciled within 15 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
6. After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. CityArts Factory is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
7. CityArts Factory will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, CityArts Factory cannot be held liable for damage to work for any reason or any personal injury sustained while participating at CityArts Factory.
8. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District, Inc. is liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. CAF and DAD will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
9. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District insures any art work displayed against damage, theft or any other circumstance. Artists are welcome to provide their own insurance.