Dia de los Muertos & Monster Factory 2018
Call for Artists
Exhibition Title: 9th Annual Dia de los Muertos & Monster Factory
Exhibit Dates: October 18, 2018 to November 9, 2018
Artist Opening Reception and Block Party: Third Thursday October 18, 2018, 6-11pm
Subject Matter: CityArts Factory is accepting all NEW art in either the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) or Monster Factory (Halloween) theme. All art pieces must be for sale. All art must clearly fit the theme of the show. Art that does not clearly fit the theme without artist explanation will not be accepted.
Mediums Accepted: All mediums accepted including large sculptures. Black light reactive art will be accepted. Drip Art will not be accepted into this show. Acrylic Swirl Art will be accepted on a limited basis. There is no size restriction.
Online Submissions: NEW FOR 2018! You can submit your finished pieces for online jury process between Wednesday July 11th and Thursday October 11th. 2018. You will be notified of acceptance via email and a link for payment will be sent along with email acceptance. Your pieces will not be considered part of the show until payment is received. Once accepted, you will be able to drop off pieces during the Art Drop Off Dates of Friday, October 12th, Saturday, October 13th and Monday, October 15, 2018 only. Art will not be allowed to be dropped off before these dates.
Cost: $10 non-refundable submission fee per piece. Four submissions maximum please. If you would like to submit more pieces, please contact Linda: email@example.com
1. All work must be original and new for 2018. Art shown previously in CityArts Factory in any show will not be permitted.
2. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging or display.
3. All art work must be for sale.
4. It is recommended but not required that the artist attend the Third Thursday opening and block party
5. All sales will be reconciled within 15 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
6. After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. CityArts Factory is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
7. CityArts Factory will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, CityArts Factory cannot be held liable for damage to work for any reason or any personal injury sustained while participating at CityArts Factory.
8. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District, Inc. is liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. CAF and DAD will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
9. Neither CityArts Factory nor the Downtown Arts District insures any art work displayed against damage, theft or any other circumstance. Artists are welcome to provide their own insurance.