Identity Public Art Installation - Call For Artist
Art Takes Over (ATO), is a public art installation project, bringing art to the people of Central Florida. For many, a public art collection is not only part of a city or regional identity, it serves as a major vehicle for engaging local citizens and visitors through art.
The Identity Mosaic Project, is meant to acknowledge the individual talents of the artist in our community, while also stating, together we can have a greater impact on moving art forward when we come together. One that benefits the greater good, and inspires our community to live up to it’s potential of being more than just an entertainment city and endorses the interaction between artists and the community.
Work Size: 12”X12” raw canvas
Work Media: We are looking for works that exemplifies your unique style as an artist.
Guideline for Identity Mosaic
- Participation in the "Identity Orlando Mosaic project" is voluntary and the artist agrees to the terms and conditions of the Downtown Arts District Guidelines
- Work will be selected on the basis that the content is not offensive for a Public Arts venue including no profanity, no nudity, no hate inciting content;
- All artist participants in The "Identity Orlando Mosaic project" agree to the programming and editorial decisions made by the project staff
- ALL submissions to the “Identity Orlando Mosaic Project” are subject to printed, web or media reproduction for promotional purposes of the project;
- Artist release form Artist Release Form
- Name, Title, Medium - Written on the back of canvas
Entries Due: July 1, 2013 at CityArts Factory
Selection Process: This is a voluntary project in which all work collected will be documented and publicized with artist name and become part of the trust for ATO.
Exhibit: Place and date of the exhibit will be sent after July 1, 2013